RE: Ground straps

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ground straps
From: "Dave and Linda" <daveandlindab@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:34:05 -0400
I usually go from battery to block and from the same bolt on the block to
the frame with large cable.  I use marine battery cable and solder and crimp
my own ends, it is super fine strand tinned copper and is very flexible with
a thick jacket.  Add heat shrink where the cable meets the terminal and it
will last forever.  Costs a bit more, but well worth it. A tinned copper
strap or two from frame to body and body to engine will cover most everyones
needs.  I use 4 gauge minimum for 4 cylinders and 1 or 2 gauge for anything
larger.

There is some theory suggesting that a central grounding point for all the
grounds come back to the same point.  There are terminals that have large
center lug and multiple smaller ones around it, or a copper buss bar.
All the really cool guys (The Import Tuners) have one, has to be good for at
least 10 more horsepower from the $49.95 electric supercharger kit.