Re: carb questions

To: ericerichoffman@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: carb questions
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 11:39:21 EDT
Eric,

    Since you talked about needles I assume you have  the SU carbs. Check
your dash pot oil. If they have none or it is too thin the  acceleration will
suffer. The oil slows the piston rise making the mixture  richer on
acceleration.
Make sure your pistons move freely, you might need to  pull the domes and
clean the domes and pistons to remove carbon. While the  pistons are out check
the needles for shiny spots. Originally they have a satin  finish and shiny
spots indicate wear.

keith

In a message dated 8/3/2005 5:27:26 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,