carb questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: carb questions
From: James Hoffman <ericerichoffman@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 05:25:10 -0700 (PDT)
Good day to everyone:

My car is a 67.5 1600 with a 2000 engine.  I don't know what year engine, I
just know it's a 2000 engine.

Where is the serial number on the engine and how can I find out what year I
have?

I have noticed "uneven" or sometimes flat acceleration: it usually pulls strong
throughout the power band but sometimes doesn't.  Say I'm at highway speeds,
sometimes I'll step on the gas and not much happens, I'll resume sustained
speed then maybe 15 seconds later the power returns.

Sounds like it may be time for a card rebuild?  Someone suggested worn needles,
is this a classic symptom?  Anything else I should check?  How do I know if I
have smog vs non smog carbs?

Eric Hoffman