Re: Jaguar 4 piston calipers? Do they work? Removing Smog- How

To: 68roadster@charter.net, racery@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Jaguar 4 piston calipers? Do they work? Removing Smog- How
From: racerY@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:35:53 +0000
Unbelievable-
I just found this reply, in my files, dated 25.3.93
"Dear Mr Basiliko,
Thank you for your recent letter enquiring about our new brake calipers.
However, unfortunately, due to insurance reasons, we are not able to, at this
time, export to the USA..."
sincerely,
Peter Cooper,
Coopercraft
Westwood Smithy,
Westwood,
Broadclyst
Exeter
EX53DH
(0404)822100

A pair of calipers was L380 ...  in 1993 dollars.  The brochure claims that
they are new calipers, specifically manufactured for the early Jag.  Whether
they would work for us is unknown- Mr. Cooper goes on to explain that if the
roadster has the same mounts as the Jag that they should, but that he is
unfamiliar with the details.

Entertaining, but inconclusive!

Toby