Re: Brake MC removal

To: "John Friederich" <j.f@cox.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake MC removal
From: "Mike H." <twobeaners@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 21:17:59 -0500
Info for the List:
Those firewall bolts that hold the master brake and clutch cylinders are
knurled and pressed into the firewall. They are NOT screwed in. The knurling
keeps them from turning when tightening the nuts. They can be tapped out
with a hammer without much difficulty. Do not attempt to turn them from
under the dash. It can be done after great effort with a breaker bar and
extension, but if you turn them you will strip the knurling and they are a
pain to tighten up without a helper even with the doors removed. Ask me how
I know all this!
Mike Hudson  '67-1600