Use the right rubber (was "RE: fuel leaks was Roadster sighting

To: "'datsun-roadsters'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Use the right rubber (was "RE: fuel leaks was Roadster sighting
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:53:41 -0700
Ha! Thought that subject line would get your interest.

Seriously, I emphatically agree w/ Mike: do -NOT- drive your car until you
replace that fuel line. PERIOD!!!!

I spent many years in the US Navy maintaining hydraulic and high pressure
air systems. One thing I learned is that there are many, many types of
rubber out there to meet various requirements. You do -NOT- want to use the
wrong hose in the wrong place since those places are usually related to our
safety, i.e. brakes and fuel systems.

Okay, okay, you can use a fuel line for the windshield wipers. <g>

Let's be safe out there.

                        `  ___  '
Pete                   -  (O o)  -
Lake Forest Park, WA