trunk body mounted gasket??

To: slowboy@cox.net
Subject: trunk body mounted gasket??
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:59:44 -0400
I saw the post from Dean about the trunk gasket that is supposed to be
mounted on the trunk body.  I would like to see the service bulletin that
suggested that.  I believe that Dean is wrong on that statement.  I have
seen some raunchy cars that had the gasket mounted on the body rather than
the lid, and to the last one, the trunk lip has rusted off.  I believe that
the gaskets were always designed to go on the lid.

Got any evidence to support your statement Dean?

Sidney Raper
1964 1500 (still a project.... sigh....)
1967 SRL311 00076 (alive again!)
Jacksonville Florida
http://www.geocities.com/roadsternut/index.html