Re: wiring

To: <RacerY@comcast.net>, "oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: wiring
From: "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 12:24:41 -0800
> I've had good luck using a mid- 80's Nissan Sentra fuse >box- it has 16+
> circuits, several relays, and surface >mounts.
> It's not tiny, but it's not huge,  either.
>
> FWIW,
> Toby

Toby mentioned this a while back and I thought it might be a good (cheaper)
solution. There is a wrecker nearby where I can get the whole wiring harness
with the fusebox for about $20. (they don't usually sell much of the wiring
anyway). It LOOKS like it would work well. Fairly compact and flat mount.

Was thinking of laying the original wiring out on a piece of plywood as
described, then, with the Sentra wiring (de-taped) run the extra/replaced
circuits alongside (in place of?) the originals or copy the pattern with the
new circuits/harness on another piece of plywood.
If you got the whole wiring harness, you might get lucky and have enough
length on most of the circuits (using just the Sentra harness) to have no
splicing except for the connectors(?).

I was considering putting the new fusebox high on the drivers side kick
panel......

Just some ideas, I'm thinking it might be easier to just replace the whole
roadster harness this way, rather than add a few circuits.....but whatever
works for you.

Will look at it again when I'm finished some of my other projects.

Good Luck with it, and thanks for the idea, Toby!

Daryl