A question on Windshield removal

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: A question on Windshield removal
From: "jm.rider@verizon.net \(Jon and Maggie Rider\)"
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 22:16:19 -0800
I have a donor roadster that I would like to remove the windshield from.
I'd like to keep the window intact.  It in very good condition.  If at all
possible, I'd like to save the rubber as well.  Does anyone on the list have
any suggestions or experience?  My current plan:  getting my son and I out
there with some tennis shoes on and just gently pushing on it.  Figured I'd
soap everything up real good first and maybe even warm things up with a heat
gun before proceeding.  Sound like a good plan?  I considered cutting the
frame but it doesn't appear to be doable without cutting rubber too.  I also
take the chance that I'll break the glass.  Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Jon Rider
69 2000 daily driver
68 2000 (in work) son's senior project