Re: brake line solutions

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: brake line solutions
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 07:57:34 -0800
Great info John Sandhoff. The technical creativity and knowledge of the
list members never ceases to amaze me.
On a simpler note, I used to have random leaks when re-fitting lines,
until an old (sorry, "seasoned") forklift mechanic suggested starting
the threads on the nut, and then pressing the line down into its conical
seal and holding it there while tightening the rest of the way.  He
seemed to think that because I had bent the line, the line and seal
surface weren't lining up correctly.  Works like a charm for seals which
haven't been galled yet.
Fergus O, 69 2000, HB, CA