RE: wheels again

To: "'Gary Tew'" <garytew@cox.net>
Subject: RE: wheels again
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 12:01:22 -0800
>When you talk about your 14x6s being close, will I run into rubbing
problems on the inside or outside of the wheel?

The smaller the positive offset number, the further out the wheel
sticks. So, if your + 6 mm wheel set has problems, it  will most likely
have rubbing on the outside of the wheel.

>Do I need to get the wheel as far into the wheel well as possible to
keep the outsides from rubbing or is there some happy medium I'm looking
for?

Moving the wheel back 6 more mm with a + 12mm wheel set is going to be
safer, but it's amazing how much lip you lose in the transaction. I mean
that silly, less than a half an inch makes an appearance difference.

Victor Laury
Downtown Los Angeles
70 SRL Roadster
70 PL521