Re: shocks

To: "oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: shocks
From: "Mark Sedlack" <msedlack@neo.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 09:59:50 -0500
Oliver,
I used KYB Gas-a-just on our custom 1600, based on researching the autox
archives, several, web pages, etc.  The "R" also has full comp suspension,
so the ride is stiff but extremely responsive.  I know others on the list
have used these shock with stock springs as well.
KYB Gas Adjust Part Numbers
KG5447 (rear)
KG4528 (front)

The fronts requires dropping the lower spring plate, since they won't fit
through the hole.  Frame on jack stands, undo the top shock nut, then put a
floor jack under the plate to keep the spring compressed while removing the
plate bolts.  Lower the jack slowly to remove the spring and shock.  Good
time to replace the rubber spring pads....installation is reverse.

Mark Sedlack
ZROC
Cuyahoga Falls OH
66 1600 http://www.mildevco.net/chevypowereddatsuns/