RE: L series engines- turbo...

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: L series engines- turbo...
From: RacerY@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 18:05:31 +0000
yeah, but would you dare strap a honkin' big turbo onto the side of your U20???

With the L, you can, and if it goes 'bang' then you go get more parts and start
again!  For less than the cost of the timing gears.

The U IS a fabulously large head- but the cam drive is less than fabulous.
The thread started with a cost concern, not a power gripe.

For the cost of the parts to rebuild the U20 (not the labor) I can get an
SR20DET front clip.  But I'm a mutant...  and I never bill myself for the labor!

tongue in cheek, mostly, Gordon!  I do agree that the U20 is a great- flowing
motor...

Toby

From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>