RE: Throttle body ??

To: "'Gary Tew'" <garytew@cox.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Throttle body ??
From: RacerY@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 20:16:50 +0000
Yup, close-
it's actually for slightly ABOVE freezing temperatures,
in humid climates, like around here.
At 35 to 40f, air can have a lot of water in it.
Pull it though a pressure drop (like a throttle body, wide open or part
throttle)
and it'll drop in temperature- enough to freeze the water out
of the air.
And it freezes the throttle plate in the 'not- so- closed' position.

fwiw,
Toby
Pacific NW
From: "Graeme" <graemes@internode.on.net>