Throttle body ??

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Throttle body ??
From: Gary Tew <garytew@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 22:52:46 -0700
Pertaining to my VG30 project.  The throttle body has plumbing for
coolant to flow through the bottom portion of it.  Is this necessary to
hook up?  The pipes are causing some fit problems and I'd like to just
cut them off and pretend like they were never there!  Does it serve to
keep the air entering the plenum within a certain temperature range?
Just wondering.  BTW, just picked up my radiator today.  Had a local
shop replace the stock core with a 4 core.  Looks stock and should keep
things cool.

Gary Tew
'67 1600 (VG30e)
Phoenix, AZ