RE: Mega Squirt and nitrous on a roadster?

To: roundrocktom@yahoo.com
Subject: RE: Mega Squirt and nitrous on a roadster?
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.net" <gregs672liter@netzero.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 19:45:44 GMT
-- thomas walter <roundrocktom@yahoo.com> wrote:

  I did find a '67 U20 valve cover, had to laugh about how long it took me to
locate originally ('67 valve covers were different from '68 to '70.... funny
part is there is only a handful of people who know that!)

That was pointed out to me at a Shasta show once (Stan:  "Ya know Greg, that
valve cover is not original...").  I had my original, but decided to replace
it with a later model as it had been welded right where the cam gear sits...
my guess is that the original motor experienced the dreaded destruction of the
"L" bracket, which then launched into the valve cover... yes, it does happen!
Of course, that part was thrown away, along with the stainless license plate
surround that I didn't like... ah, stupidity and ignorance...
I once considered doing an individual throttle body injection system using a
Solex manifold, putting injectors where the little bolts sit on top of the
manifold and using carb bodies for their throttle plates with a throttle
positioning sensor.  However, cutting and welding on a Solex manifold just
seems wrong... Maybe I will be happy with the new Delortos...
Greg Burrows
'67 2000 #588