RE: Mega Squirt and nitrous on a roadster?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Mega Squirt and nitrous on a roadster?
From: thomas walter <roundrocktom@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 07:13:33 -0800 (PST)
Craig,

  I still have some megasquirts around here someplace.  I had made up six of
them, own was never (re) claimed   [Sigh -- owner was British car guy in Round
Rock, lost his contact info when I moved five years ago, and he left his old
job to open a bagle shop!].

  Daryl -- Manifold looks great!  Nice to see someone actually getting a
roadster with a megasquirt running.  :)

  I took another approach on my manifold of cutting the "ears" off a SU
manifold. Machining them for a press fit some tubing. Someone made up the
bosses for Bosch Injectors, which were also press fitted into the manifold.
Two comments, I should have gone SMALLER on my manifold runners. Also the ports
should have been smaller were they matched into the head to help alleviate
reversion blow back.  Ditto for injector hitting the back of the valves for a
little better transition.  The good news is your manifold will work fine!  Just
when you get to generation 2.0 I've got a few other ideas for you to look at.
Oh, "U" runners... check out Burns Stainless.  I sold my hydraulic tubing
bender, so Burns is the best bet now.

  I'm still finding more roadster stuff as I clean out the shop.  I did find a
'67 U20 valve cover, had to laugh about how long it took me to locate
originally ('67 valve covers were different from '68 to '70.... funny part is
there is only a handful of people who know that!)

  Tom Walter

  P.S. Best part of my old job was getting paid to play with automotive
electronics. :)
  http://www.lynoise.com/stuff/68332/auto/support/appnotes/an1791.pdf