Fuel bowl overflow tubes

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel bowl overflow tubes
From: "hallosb@juno.com" <hallosb@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 20:17:47 GMT
In the process of disassembling my early SU carbs for cleaning, I noticed I
had 2 washers on one overflow tube and one on the other.  Does anyone know the
correct number, material (metal or gasket), and placement of these washers? I
have several manuals and none provide an illustration of this detail.
I'm also curious as to whether I should add some fuel line hose to these.  If
so, how would I secure it.  I seem to remember some warnings on this.  I have
one overflow tube in good condition. The other overflow tube is broken and
missing its bottom half.
TIA,
Dan McHatton
'66 1600