Re: Fuel bowl overflow tubes

To: hallosb@juno.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel bowl overflow tubes
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 17:00:18 EST
Dan,

    Two washers, one on each side. They are aluminum  crush washers, copper
will also work. Nissan still carries the gasket kits for  these carbs. The
number is 16455-H2310. A lot of them are marked as being some  sort of heater
bracket. These tubes should have hoses attached to extend them  past the frame
rails so that overflow does not dump onto the manifold. The early  1600
overflows
had the metal tube extending to little clips under two of the oil  pan bolts.
Vibration (as you know) caused them to break. The later ones are  short with
rubber tube leading down. Since there is no pressure most anything  will work
to secure the hose. The metal tube can also be replaced with 1/4 inch  brake
tubing. The original is actually 6mm but that's a little hard to find. Cut  the
old tube off at the banjo fitting, drill out the stub with a 1/4 inch drill,
and braze in the new tube.

keith

In a message dated 2/2/2007 12:19:33 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,