Re: [Roadsters] Electronic Gauges, Thanks!

To: "'Datsun Roadster List'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Electronic Gauges, Thanks!
From: "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 08:21:41 -0400
If they are a reputable company, Cyberdyne should supply the sensor which
should adapt to the transmission or speedo cable along with their
speedo..........
Daryl

And please let me know what you end up with.  I swapped my R16 for a KA24
and a 5 speed from a 240SX.  My speedo is way off.
Paul
Ohio

It appears that the KA24DE speed sensor will work in the U20 or R16
trannies.  You may have to do some gear switching on the sensor. The U20
gear drive is quite small and fit perfectly in the KA tranny.
Andy

Hi All!
Thank you Daryl, Paul, and Andy for the feedback. This is exactly what I was
looking for. I'm ordering a sender for a 1994 240SX with Man Trans.

Cyberdyne does have senders, but I didn't know if they could replace the
fully mechanical style in our roadsters. It appears that they can.

One other cool thing they have is a calibration box to calibrate the
electronic speedo to any tire/gear ratio combination. I found their stuff on
Jegs.com

It'll take a while to get the parts together since I'm still on disability
from my chemo, but once it's done, I'll post pix. I'm thinking about speedo
on left, tach on right, and the display for my Harmon Kardon Drive + Play in
the center. With oil press, temp and voltmeter in the radio console (which I
have narrowed by 1 1/2 inches for more leg room). I'll figure out the fuel
level gauge later.

Thanks,
Matt Smith
And Loreli (she's a '70 Silver Solex)