Re: [Roadsters] X-country trip - tool/parts boxes

To: <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] X-country trip - tool/parts boxes
From: "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 07:30:54 -0400
Peter,
Have you thought about having a small receiver hitch mounted? Then you could
get one of those motorcycle trailers to tow with your tools. Then you could
carry tools AND a change of clothes! If you had one of those ones shaped
like a corvette, then the corvette would be in it's rightful place... BEHIND
the ROADSTER! HAHAHAHA! Seriously though, I saw one recently shaped like a
miniature wave runner. That was pretty cool.

I took a trip to Mississippi last year. That may have been the last roadster
they saw! I carried lots of tools and minimal clothes. Wal-Mart's are
everywhere and cotton T-shirts, sweatpants, and socks are biodegradable. (a
word of advice... you don't want to break in new underwear by driving across
country in them)

I've often thought about putting a receiver hitch on Loreli just to carry a
bike rack.

Let me know if you're going to come thru Chattanooga, TN. I have (some)
parts and a spare bedroom you're welcome to crash in. Folks here have seen
ONE roadster (mine) but NEVER TWO!

You might want to look this up and add it to your route, it's a blast!
Tailofthedragon.com
HWY 129 at the NC/TN border in the Smokey Mountains. 318 curves in 11 miles!
Only takes a couple hours to get there from Chattanooga, Nashville, or
Atlanta. (Check out the map on the site called Dragon Map With Curve Names.
Might not want to check out the one called Dragon Map With Locations Of
Deaths Since 2000!)

Matt Smith
And Loreli (she's a '70 Silver Solex)