Re: [Roadsters] Ignition

To: Jim Gammon <gtpjimgammon@yahoo.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Ignition
From: Dewey Hahlbohm <hahlbohmd@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 19:21:54 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
Jim, I got my key got stuck in the ignition switch several years ago, tried all
kinds of things to get it out, but nothing seemed to work. The locksmith lent
me a  special tool He has, but I could not get it to work either.  I finally
removed the ignition switch to take to the locksmith.  He  easily got the key
out with the switch on his workbench.  He went on to make me several custom
fitted keys that compensated for the wear in the mechanism.  I do not think it
cost more than $20, maybe 25.  Could be worth a try if you know a good
locksmith.  Good luck, Dewey