Re: [Roadsters] Steering wheel

To: Pete Peters <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Steering wheel
From: Marc&Heidi <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 12:35:43 -0500
Th eastwood kit, like the POR 15 kit use an epoxy putty for a
filler.  I used the eastwood kit on my 320 steering wheel, and it has
begun to crack again after about a year.  As far as I can tell, the
epoxy putty A: does not particularly bond with the plastic the wheel
is made of, and B: expands and contracts at  a different rate.

The roadster wheels (at least the late ones, just have a plastic grip
(perimeter) with paired wire spokes and plastic inserts between the
pairs of spokes.  The grip part of my wheel has cracked as well, but
it's covered up by the leater wrap.  I think I got it from Wheelskins.