Re: [Roadsters] Driver side door latch

To: "Graeme" <graemes@internode.on.net>, <BARTERDUDE@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Driver side door latch
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@jorsm.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 20:00:11 -0600
--===============1911216443==

I am not familiar with the later latches, but I suspect there is some sort
of spring in the mechanism, as iin the earlier models.  Does the door handle
return when you "open" the door and release it?  It could be in the door
part, not the striker.  If the spring goes, or is gummed up as Graeme
suggested, the door will not latch.  Compare the driver's door part(s) with
those on the passenger side to see if there is something missing.

Gary Ault