Re: [Roadsters] '67 original bias-ply tire source

To: Seth Asher <sasher@olympiawest.com>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] '67 original bias-ply tire source
From: Gary and Cindy Ault <aultgc@jorsm.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 13:38:45 -0500
   Seth,

   You  may  want  to check other suppliers listed in Hemmings, but Coker
   would  have  been  my  first  recommendation.  And, given the positive
   reference   below,   it's   hard   to  go  wrong!   They're  5.60x14s,
   by-the-way.  (I presume you knew that.)

   Were whitewalls standard?  (They were an option on my '66 VW.)

   Gary Ault
   On Thu Nov 15 7:24 , Dan Zubkoff sent:

     I've been very happy with the the BF Goodrich Tires I purchased for
     Coker.  Very  original  and ride quite well (for bias-ply). I run a
     set of the wide-white walls on my 64 1500.
     http://tinyurl.com/2n6edv
     Dan Zubkoff
     Houston, TX
     Seth Asher <sasher@o lympiawest.com> wrote:
     Can anyone suggest a current source for the closest thing to the
     original  tire that would have come on a '67 1600 from the factory?
     suppose   that  would  be...what....a  14"  bias-ply  with  a  1.5"
     whitewall?