[Roadsters] Windshield Frame Straightening Procedure

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Windshield Frame Straightening Procedure
From: "Steve Harvey" <stebharvey@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 04:39:44 -0800
Group,

I will be attempting to straighten my 1970 1600 windshield frame this
weekend.  I have the body mounted on a rotary fixture and had a friend help
me rotate the body to a new position. I removed the front and rear pins plus
adjustable straps that help hold the body in position. I asked my friend to
just keep the body from moving in either direction until I attach a chain
hoist. Well, he let go of the body and it rotated 180 degrees or until the
top of the windshield frame hit my garage floor, BOOM. Ive taken
measurements from several datum points to try to establish in what direction
the how severe the distortion is. It looks like the frame is about = off
center towards the passenger side. My plan is to heat both sides of the
windshield frame (at the base) and using an old windshield, the  soft top
and both doors, force the frame back into alignment.  My question is, has
anyone had to deal with this type of repair and how did you get the
windshield back into alignment?

Thanks

Steve Harvey