[Roadsters] Fuel Pump Question

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Fuel Pump Question
From: "Joe Russo" <jrusso07@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 11:21:38 -0400
I put a NOS fuel pump on my U20.  After about 6 months, fuel started coming
out
of the weep holes on lower part of the pump body.  I suspect these holes are
there to exhaust the air from the diaphragm. SO I pulled the pump and the
diaphragm was decomposing (old rubber) but I could see no holes .  I replaced
the pump with a spare I had taken from a running engine.  It too has fuel
coming
from these holes...another bad diaphragm?

Could it be any thing else -  like a clog in a carb banjo bolt filter?  Car
starts easily and runs strong - as long as you don't mind the smell of gas
(not
to mention, going up in flames!)  Carbs are new beauties from Keith!

Thx
Joe