Re: [Roadsters] Fuel Pump Question

To: "'Garth Cuthbert'" <gcuthber@telus.net>, <alagams@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Fuel Pump Question
From: "Joe Russo" <jrusso07@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 13:28:49 -0400
Thanks Garth and Gary,

Fuel pump #3 (from a spare engine) seems to have done the trick.  I checked
the
spacer and it is correct (compared to 2 others on U20 engines). I bought a
couple of these spacers new from Nissan a few years back.

I will pick up a repair kit and rebuild the NOS unit.  The diaphragm is petty
dried out - lots of chalky black rubber on it - down-right grungy, It's not
very
rubbery at all. I read somewhere, probably this list, the original rubber
can't
handle some of the modern fuel additives - I would have thought it would have
lasted longer than 6 months...

This car also happens to have an electric fuel pump that is mounted but not
connected.  I works fine except I hate the clicking noise it makes.  I keep
it
there "just in case".

Getting her ready for Watkins Glen this weekend!

Thx
Joe