Re: [Roadsters] Third Posting

To: "Ronnie Day" <ronnie.day@gmail.com>, "May, Frank" <Frank.L.May@umsl.edu>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Third Posting
From: "Richard Brown" <reblues@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 12:57:09 -0400
You can pull the distributor and tower. That will expose the oil pump drive.
Put an old screwdriver shaft in a drill and use it to turn the pump counter
clockwise. I would put fresh oil in the pan first.

I was given a car that had sat for 20 years.  Everything was frozen up,
including the oil pump.  When I finally tore it down the pistons were all
stuck.  When I got the pistons out the rings were frozen in the pistons.  It
took weeks of soaking, banging, and cursing to get that engine apart.  That
car had been sitting on the dirt covered with a tarp.

Good Luck
Richard Brown