[Roadsters] Steering control box

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] Steering control box
From: Bill Oakes <boakes@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 11:58:11 -0500
So, before making the adjusts to make the '69 steering control box fit
in my '68 I thought I'd dig into the old one a little deeper.

Again, it was binding up and when I took it apart it just didn't feel
good, so I thought i'd save time and get a replacement.

Turns out what was making the trouble was the bearings that hold in
the tab (that slips into the worm gear to turn everything) into the
assembly shaft fell into the worm gear and made the trouble. See
picture at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/boakes/SteeringAssemblyShaft#5380624385680449122

It kind of looks like the the caps at the top and bottom of that shaft
are "punched in" and you can't get in there. True?

So, if I can get just the assembly shaft I think I'm back in business.

Thoughts anyone?

thanks
Bill

'68 2000 Solex