Re: [Roadsters] What should i do?

To: "lmflaming@comcast.net" <lmflaming@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] What should i do?
From: Fred Katz <roadster@astound.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 12:43:57 -0700
I remember us taking the kids to Universal's amusement park in Florida, must
have been the late 1980s. They had an outdoor restaurant, maybe called the
Drive-In Restaurant. All the tables were built inside of real cars from the
1950s. These were'nt complete cars, they were modified and shrunk the front
and rears. But made from the real thing. Had working headlights and
taillights. We sat in a 1957 Chevy for our meal. Next time we went in the 90s
the restaurant was gone. You could make the roadster into a breakfast nook in
your dining room.

But I think your grandkids will enjoy the roadster couch/toy-chest.

Fred -S.SF

On Oct 1, 2010, at 6:16 AM, lmflaming@comcast.net wrote:

> Hello Everyone
>
> I have a fun dilemma for myself to solve. I thoughtB I would get some input
> from those that want to contribute. I have a 66 parts car rear end that I
made
> into a trailer that is licensed as one but haven't finished doing bodywork
and
> getting things re-chromed, itB has all its parts and is street legal. I
also
> have a 70 I am parting out and thought about doing the same to it and
selling
> it.B But I have seen couches that are made out of fake 59 Cadillac's or
other
> cars rear endsB and thoughtB I may do that and put it in a room in the
house.
> Probably the room I have for my grand kids.B Although all the chrome parts
> need re-chroming I could just paint them silver along with painting the body
> color. I have the back part of the rear interior left over and was going to
> sell it but I could put it back into the car. I think I may be able to
modify
> the interior door panels and mount them to plywood and use them on the
sides
> of the trunk area. I canB make simple seat cushions for the back and bottom
of
> the trunkB to sit on.The trunk deck lid could be put on and there would be
> toy box or storage space. Nothing on the body would be destroyed and it
could
> later be used as a trailer ifB I were to put it on a trailer frame.
>

> Well what does everyone think.
>
> Larry
Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html