Re: [Roadsters] Brake Drum and Rotor specs

To: "'Marty Escarcega'" <escarcega@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Brake Drum and Rotor specs
From: "Brian Hollands" <bhollan4@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 19:29:09 -0400
I think all the 1600 and 2000 drums are the same but the aluminum drums
specs are 9.00 inch inside diameter with a maximum ID of 9.040 and a wear
limit of 9.055 inches.
I've found that at 9.040, it can be difficult to get a firm pedal no matter
how much you bleed the system.  Either way, the rear shoes need to be
properly adjusted or you'll be chasing a soft pedal.
Once my drums got a bit further out of spec than I was happy with, I had a
set of shoes relined with a thicker friction material.  A truck brake shop
did it for me.  In case there's concern with that tactic, I've autocrossed
for several seasons on those shoes...
Brian H
'69 2000
Tampa, FL