Re: [Roadsters] Brake Drum and Rotor specs

To: "Datsun Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Brake Drum and Rotor specs
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 20:49:58 -0700
Well, Gary, I'm wrong. :--(

Went out and pulled aluminum drum off late model rear end. No markings
anywhere on the inside. Can't tell on the outside as some PO painted it with
hard, glossy maroon. Need to bead blast it off.

Pulled steel drum off my '66 and wire-wheeled it pretty clean....zip...

Then checked a set of my 411 steel drums..nada..

Checked The Roadster Book..nope...

Searched 311s.org..strike five.

Wait a minute! 510 brake shoes fit, so maybe there's specs for the
dime...search the web..AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGH!

FWIW, Chilton's Repair Manual for various 1973-89 Datsun/Nissans (part no.
7170, page 442) shows rear brake drum diameter as 9-inch with a maximum of
9.060. I was gonna say go with that unless someone has better info..and
Brian did.

So, Brian, where did you find this info, or is it just tribal knowledge?

Pete
Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $16.00