Re: [Roadsters] Starting car

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Starting car
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 14:44:49 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: datsun-roadsters-bounces@autox.team.net
From James's reply to you inquiry on the 311s forum:

"That's easy. Firstly you'll need an electric fuel pump - it will make this SO much easier.

Get a 1 Gallon gas can and some fuel line. Rig up the electric fuel pump hot wire to + on the coil and black ground wire to the car frame. Assemble everything OUTSIDE in a well ventilated area. Hook up the fuel lines through the pump and directly to the carbs - you'll want a pump that is low pressure if you're using SU's.

When you hook it up and start the pump it should fill up the float bowl on the carbs and NOT overflow. If you have float or float valve problem it will come out of the overflow tube on the car.

Once your float bowls are full, the car should be ready to crank and start. And it should run fine like that long enough to warm it up and tune it.

Good luck,
James"

tim