Re: [Roadsters] Starting car

To: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Starting car
From: David Patten <futofab@gsinet.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 16:57:13 -0400
Cc: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Sender: datsun-roadsters-bounces@autox.team.net
Or simpler, get 6 foot of fuel line, Pull the suction line off the fuel
pump (the tank side) and connect the new line. Set a gas can on the ground
outside the car and put the other end of the fuel line in it.

A stock mechanical pump in good condition will pull enough suction to draw
fuel out of the gas can. If you want to prime the carbs, put some gas in a
pump type oil can and squirt some down the carb throats. This will help
kick off the engine while the pump fills the bowls. Or you can just crank
it until the pump fills the carb bowls to allow the engine to fire.

I won't tell you how many field stored V8's I've started by just dumping
gas straight out of the can into the carb, if I was lucky I had a can of
ether, which was some what safer. The gas in the oil can trick is a much
more controled method.
--
Dave Patten, Owner

FutoFab, LLC