Re: [Roadsters] Starting car

To: John F Sandhoff <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Starting car
From: Paul Courson <cour.jpeg@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 18:51:31 -0400
Cc: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=Lu+TnIog4/jHtHPmBgM3oegOkqm0xGgVo5S29Ybsnhs=; b=uVqkljRdXzDw+1Sj7c2dqVG/zrNiwTBg5/Fp/KlOgAGL+J5jgKdbD7Wa1djkv7knHH lLdIcPhO1Y/gwTPPKwfYjkzmD19L18u75wTarWcRrDYYnq6zVhjF3lcebOcj1t05o3IK 8gZDmzf1f0GbYPi1tjTjwgCxFtlFUKeK8VqhcjfJWAEgxqvyVfRX916rA+gwsLZumVRA lcj/QxV72FsMwQE0Ig5THXkH8uZpPcMlRrUrJ8iyyyhimVdJQxmx6GYWCim4JCK7Qelu danjk3hGgy6+YCUPBnOuWE3BzeQxTyzDFg0DGcA1rWPo7CJaXeZ52Na3cMmV++Joy2Vg 0Ssg==
Sender: datsun-roadsters-bounces@autox.team.net
Three of us rescued a factory '68 Solex from a backyard in
Pennsylvania that had been there quite a while.
For some reason, we vowed we were going to DRIVE it out of there. So
we took with us a set of good tires/wheels, brake parts, a battery, a
can of fresh gasoline, and headed to the seller's home about 100 miles
away.

We not only got it out of the back yard, but we really did get it
running, and we were about a mile from the seller's house when it quit
the first time.  Changed the filter, all full of sludge.  Got a half
mile out of the next filter.

Hmm.  Time for a work-around.

Gas tank was so rusted up we had to take our 5 gal "jerry" can, tuck
it behind the passenger seat, and run a gas line from the nozzle of
the tank through a hole in the floorboard to the fuel pump inlet.  Got
us all the way home to Maryland.  True story.