fot

Re: axle quotes

To: Linda Wright <mxr125@erols.com>, vinttr4@FORBIN.COM
Subject: Re: axle quotes
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 97 07:14:16 EDT
On Jun 21,  3:36pm, Linda Wright wrote:
>         About the close ratio set,I understand that J.K.Jackson is
> putting together an assoetment of gears that work well according to John
> Lye.

Just a quick note to follow up on that part.  I had my gearbox
rebuilt by J.K. before last (very short) season.  As I understand
it, he's mixing and matching gears from various TR's to get
the ratios that he wants.  What he's done is to set up the gear
ratios so that there's a 1000 rpm drop between each gear when
using O/D to split the shifts.  That is, the O/D ratios are
evenly spaced between the regular ratios; in effect, an 8 speed
gear box.  I've now been routinely using 2nd O/D to split 2nd
and 3rd in autocross use, and I'm quite happy with the setup.

John Lye

rjl6n@virginia.EDU
http://avery.med.virginia.edu/~rjl6n/homepage.htm