fot

RE: TRans mount ramblings...

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: TRans mount ramblings...
From: Chip Bond <spirals@esinet.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 15:43:58 -0400
Good suggestion Nick. I can see how that would help with tortion on the
trans case, whick tends to crack. Did you have any fatigue problems in the
crossmember?

I've been a little reluctant to use solid mounts. I did however just
install a "limiter" on the left side engine plate. It uses a die spring and
a small rod end. The rod end bolts through the left side engine plate just
above the engine mount. The rod end extension passes through the mount area
on the frame and compresses the spring as the engine rotates. It has
limited motion of the engine to about 1/4" from the 1/2"+ it had
previously.

Have a good weekend all,