fot

RE: Potential Competition Cars @ VTR National

To: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Subject: RE: Potential Competition Cars @ VTR National
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 17:27:32 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Alexander Joseph H wrote:

> Wonderful!!!
>
> I dont want to spit in the eyes of the purists, but this should be
> encouraged. A car that might have been shredded and started a new life
> as a toaster is now emulating a great part the Triumph history.
>
> He is coming isnt he?

I'm working on getting Bob Totten out there, but I'm using a slow
technique - kind of like the Chinese Water Torture Test... I just keep
dropping hints.

He thinks I drive too fast when we caravan to/from AutoX events... ;-). I
can't imagine what he'd say if he had to chase me 1500 miles each way to
the event... But I think the real draw for some of us back east might be
the Chicago Historics.  I'm trying to get some of my other New England
Bretheren to take the two weeks to do the Road America event (as
spectators) and follow that with VTR.

But Totten's car is pretty neat and he does drive it!

I'll then need several weeks to recouperate after Road America _and_ VTR!

Later,
rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |