fot

Brake pedal height

To: friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake pedal height
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 16:31:05 -0500
It is with great fear and trepidation that I interrupt the hilarity of
the Season's messages to ask a genuine technical question, but I have
been forced to do so by public humiliation and derision on the Team
Thicko page, so here goes:

My TR4 suffers from unpredictable brake pedal height. Sometimes the
pedal is high, sometimes low, on the same lap. We are forced to
compensate for this by tapping the brake once before we reach a corner,
much to the consternation, I'm sure of our fellow competitors, when they
see the brake ligt flash at a point prior to the corner.

I think it is caused by front pad push-back. Front bearings are tight.
Happens with new pads or old ones. We are running the TR6 master
cylinder for its dual circuit, and we do not have the eaarly TR line
pressure valve in the plumbing.

What can we do to cure this?