fot

Re: Brake pedal height

To: grand_wazoo@flinet.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake pedal height
From: Catpusher <Catpusher@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 18:28:57 EST

<< Learn to love it.  Glen and I chased this one for years.  We've tried
 wheel bearing adjustment as well as re-installation of the little line
 pressure valve that was orignally on the TR3 whose job was exactly that,
 keep the brake fluid from being forced back.  We have concluded that it
 is simply stub axle flex brought on by huge grip on modern tires.  Of
 course it also means that you're driving the car pretty hard, good work!

<snip>
the above is all true!

I run the pressure valve, and Kas's TR4A book tells all to fit it, as the 4As
did not come with it.

GP44 ran larger stub axles   Bob T told me, more than once.
 that they were from a
thunderbird, but I have heard conflicting info!

Dennis Wilson had custom axles that fit into an unmodified vert. link,
but were jag size outboard.  He made it safely back to the pits at
Atlanta when one started to fail (whew!)

I use a std master cyl, a modified valve, and spacers to stiffen
the std. stub axles.  I guess SCCA is going to screw up the
master cyl. thing next year.  Any templates for the TR3 sheet
metal?

P.S. you want the firewall dented in front of the right pedal,
not the middle one.
                                              HP