fot

Triumph 2000/2500 Wanted

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Triumph 2000/2500 Wanted
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 07:28:52 -0600
OK, I've made my decision. We have a new driver on the near horizon,
and my stable of 2 TR6's, F150 and GMC Safari van is not the right mix
to give my 15 year old daughter a "family car" to drive to school,
shopping etc.. I'd love to think I could trust her safely in a TR6, but
I know that peer pressure will have her pressured into lending the car
to other drivers and even pushing it herself, and the old van
(1988-165K) is also out of the question.  So we've decided that a
Triumph 2000 or 2500 saloon/sedan is the way to go. The 2000 should be
easy for me to maintain, and from what I can tell, a "cherry" ready to
drive version should be able to be purchased for about $5K. Only
problem is that nobody advertises these things in Hemmings.  So I
hereby request the assistance of all you out there in cyber-TR-land in
locating a suitable car. Ideally it would be a 4 speed/OD car and since
we are in TX, an A/C unit would be nice.  It MUST be running, driving
and have a good appearance and reasonable interior. I want to maintain
it, not rebuild it!  I have enough TR improvement work to do with my
trusty blue TR6 needing a new engine and tranny rebuild, the wife's
daily driver '76 needing new windshield and interior, the stalled TR6
frame-off in the garage and keeping the racecar alive. So please help
find me this jewel! Any advice on this series of cars is also
appreciated. I have a guy who found a $200 2000 without engine or trans
and who thinks I should pop a spare TR6 engine in it and transform it
into a vintage racer. If my TR3 stays together a few more races, I
might still consider it. It could be a fun car!
TIA

Bob Kramer, Austin TX
Hill Country Triumph Club
TR6x3, TR250 x3, TR3A vintage race