fot

Was "Alfa GTAm Fender Flares" now TR4 flares

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Was "Alfa GTAm Fender Flares" now TR4 flares
From: DLMAssoc@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 13:52:03 EST
In a message dated 98-02-17 11:33:06 EST, MHKitchen@aol.com writes:

<< Since most vintage organizations enforce a "point in time" policy, I would
 suggest you research if any Alfa's were prepared in this fashion at the point
 in time you are preparing this car to.  If you can find documentation in old
 magazines, books, race programs, photos, etc. that they were raced then with
 such flares, and complied with applicable rules at that time (SCCA, FIA, etc)
 you should have no trouble convincing any organization that they are
 appropriate. >>

I was thinking about this this very morning... were flares used on TR4
racers in the '60s?  I'm busy installing some on my '63 TR4 for autocrossing
and wonder whether I can use the same car if I decide to go vintage racing
someday.  The Kastner competition prep manual has a couple pictures
(without flares), but that's all I have to go by so far.

Thanks..
Don Marshall