fot

Re: Another one bites the dust

To: Irv Korey <emanteno@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Another one bites the dust
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 09:47:45 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 27 Apr 1998, Irv Korey wrote:

> > As for the "readily available axles", frankly, I believe the comp board,
> > whatever thier "real intentions", would rather see a lot of these older
> > cars dissappear.
>
> I agree, and this is why I find myself working corners less and less for
> SCCA events. A lot of what is racing in regionals and nationals is just not
> that much fun to watch anymore.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's not fun to watch anymore, frankly I
had a blast at the Runoffs...

On the other hand it is pretty tough to watch the carnage that you see at
the regional level, especially in IT... pretty scary stuff.

Of course at the rate I'm going, I'll probably be running my Saturn in IT
before I get another TR6 ready to go... Just think - race it on Sunday,
drive it to work on Monday....    NOT.

> irv

rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |