fot

TR6 brake failure - help!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 brake failure - help!
From: "Mark S. Lepore, M.D." <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 09 May 1998 18:42:49 -0400
Listers:
Friday night Oelvis (that's his name) was great, no problem.  I woke up
Satuday morning, and the brake pedal went to the floor with minimal
resistance.  The only stopping power was when the pedal actually hit the
floor.
I looked at the master cylinder, and indeed, it was near empty, but just a
few days before it was fine.  I put in fluid to try to correct the
problem, with no avail.
I'm not knowledgeable on brake systems, but I figured there is probably a
fault in the hydraulic system.  How do I diagnose the problem?  I don't
even know how to bleed the brakes, so give me the bad news in simple
terms...I can take it!
Thanks,
Sirmoog