fot

Re: Fuel Cell Advice needed

To: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@ix.netcom.com>, <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Cell Advice needed
From: Russ Moore <rem9@cornell.edu>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 08:39:09 -0400
Irv,
The life of the bladder and the internal foam elements is definately
finite. By all meanns you should replace both. When the foam starts to go
it sends lots of little pieces through the fuel system and usually plugs
it. It's a false economy to try and use questionable components on a race
car. Enter into the big picture, Murphy's Law which states your race car
will be out of commission at that race which is furthest from home, the
most expensive or when you have lots of compadre's there to watch you. The
cost of "hobby" racing is pretty substantial these days. Then of course
there's the safety factor. Usually the steel or aluminium shell are fine,
of course if you can replace the entire cell for only a few dollars over
the cost of just the bladder and foam, it's probably a no brainer. Check
into Fuel Safe. They have a line of cells which are very cost effective and
have the prefix of "ECL-(gallons)". I have run an ECL-8 in my Spitfire and
have had excellent results. I can also attest to the fact that it didn't
leak a drop during a multiple roll-over last year.
Best regards for a safe season.
Russ Moore
Spitfire #49 SVRA