fot

New Book Offering by FOT Member, John Macartney

To: "'Amici Triumphi'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Book Offering by FOT Member, John Macartney
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 08:10:51 -0500
This was posted to the big TR list....I took the liberty of reposting on
FOT.

Set one aside for me, John......

-----------------------------

Date: Sat, 6 Jun 1998 01:33:21 +0100
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: 'LIFE AT TRIUMPH' - the book is on the stocks

Listers
I was flicking through my many E-Mails recently from all of you who wrote
to me when 'Life at Triumph' first appeared on the web - and the many more
when I withdrew it for reasons already declared.
This note is to let all of you know that I will shortly be posting details
of its release and how / where it can be ordered.
At this stage, there are FOUR things of which you should be aware:

1. The book will NOT repeat NOT be available from bookshops anywhere in the
world. As it is being printed privately, it will be obtainable only from me
and via a Triumph Magazine (NOT Triumph World). I am awaiting replies from
some UK based TRIUMPH clubs who I have asked to participate as suitable
order submission / consolidation points. Also, I will be happy to entertain
order submissions from any OTHER Triumph Club elsewhere in the world who
should be encouraged to notify ALL members as soon as possible.

2. The book will enjoy just ONE print run and when those orders have been
fulfilled, the print media will be destroyed. It will NEVER be printed
again.

3. I am anxious for all Triumph Club Newsletter Editors to be given the
earliest possible notice of the pending announcement, so that they can
provisionally book space in their very next editions - namely those being
issued in July or August. It is likely the order close date to the printer
will be late September / early October, so there is not really all that
much time for buyers to react and for Clubs to consolidate bulked orders.
Books will be despatched direct to buyers to arrive before Christmas 1998
(postal strikes permitting)

4. A website is in process of preparation and the URL will be included in
my E-Mail signature, so keep a lookout on this list for any 'jonmac'
submission. The site will give all details concerning prices and order
methods etc.

If you decide to buy, I truly hope you'll enjoy the finished result. A lot
more work has gone into it since last you saw it on the web.

For the time being, would you all be kind enough just to 'get the word out'
by whatever means you can contrive - especially for those enthusiasts not
on the web or E-Mailable? I'll do my best to handle your queries when the
website is announced.

John Macartney
http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/plates     GIVE YOUR TRIUMPH THE "COVENTRY
LOOK"

Watch this space for the book announcement
"IN THE SHADOW OF MY FATHER"