fot

Re: Axle materials

To: Malaboge@AOL.COM
Subject: Re: Axle materials
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 11:02:49 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 8 Jun 1998 Malaboge@aol.com wrote:

> Bob-
>
> Funny thing you should mention this...

[stuff deleted]

> What will we all do now that Ginger has left the Spice Girls...
>              Nick in Nor Cal

She did? Did she go back to Gilligan's Island?

;-)

> ps Is anybody still trying to put an EP car together now that Sports Car has
> run the recipe for putting a killer EP 240z together for $18 and a free
> afternoon...

I've been reading those articles with interest. Hmmm. What do you think.
A lighter car with more C.I.D. And the fact that the 240Z was pretty
dominant way back when - didn't they move it _up_ to B Prod for a while?

The headline reads: 240 Wins E Prod. Sam Halkias says: "bring 'em on!"

Oh well.

So the answer is: I'm not stopping my project now. I just won't probably
race SCCA - of course that wasn't my initial goal anyway, so it's a no-op
for me.

Now, what I find interesting is the chatter about how cost-effective the
$3200 cage is.... I laughed very hard at that. Also interesting is that
SCCA picks a car that is relatively valuable to start with and then hacks it.

Oh, like they (SCCA) understand reality...

Sheesh.
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |