fot

Re: Vintage Prep States...

To: Malaboge@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vintage Prep States...
From: JHarkness@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 07:57:22 EDT
Nick, the first thing I'd do is check with the sanctioning bodies you plan to
race with.  They'll pretty much determine what's allowed and what "class
bumps"  occur if you go beyond.

Most of the vintage TR guys I know use beefed up stock components.  Almost all
run moderate negative camber in front with stiffer springs, shocks, and roll
bar.  Most use more or less stock rears with stiffened shocks, but without a
rear bar.  Many use a Panhard rod in the back also. The steel/nylon bushing
kits are a worthwhile addition.  Available from British Frame and Engine (Ken
is on the FOT list).

A couple of good sources for basic prep are the TR Comp Prep books from the
Roadster Factory and "Vintage Racing British Sports Cars" by Terry Jackson
(Robert Bentley, publisher).

If I can help any more, give a whistle.   John Harkness