fot

Car In Barn Experience.

To: "'Amici Triumphi'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Car In Barn Experience.
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 10:54:50 -0500
FOT,

I am always trying to peer into the open doors of barns and garages,
convinced that I am going to find a "lost" car of some significance. Close
but no choice cigar, this time.

Linda & left the area on Saturday and ventured into the scenic North East
part of Iowa. The "Switzerland of Northeast Iowa". The plan was simple
enough and included finding some roads heretofore not traveled by this
driver. The day was to culminate in a visit to Protivin, Iowa for the Czech
Fest. We got there in time for the last couple sets of the Polka band and
the last cards of Bingo....and then they started the Polka Mass.  Ooompas
galore emanating from the doors and windows.....

But let me digress....while stopping at a convenience store we were
approached by guy. He looked at the TR3A and mentioned he had one of those
in a barn on an acreage.

It is a 1961 TS 61XXX L O and also features wire wheels and a factory
hardtop. Of course it is truly awful looking, with the body seams puttied
in, painted silver, and the interior trashed....no shortage of bird
droppings describing a stripe down the full length of the car as there is
electrical wire perch just overhead. It has been in the barn for 9 years,
but reportedly started and driven twice a year for many of those years.

The right hand door was crushed by an errant snowmobile....but I think I
have one of those  :-)

Now what do I do? I do not want another project and it is not nice to
purchase such a vehicle and then part it out. Things like wire wheels and
overdrives are somewhat compelling. So is a cache of spare parts for the
existing TR3A. $1300 was mentioned as a possible price in the event it
became for sale.

Help....what should I do? If I had a place to hide it for a while it would
likely be a no brainer.

Fireball